All deadlines are at 11:59 PM UTC, on the specified date, 15 February.
Genre Fiction: Includes all sub-genres such as Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Comedy, Action, etc.
Nonfiction: Includes all sub-genres such as General Nonfiction, Biographies, Autobiographies, Family Histories, Memoirs etc.
TERMS, RULES AND GUIDELINES
To participate in this competition, entrants “must” meet the following eligibility requirements:
N.B.: This competition is strictly opened to entrants who are aged 10 and above, from any country or region, at the time of entry.
For any questions about eligibility, please contact email@example.com.
1. Entries must not have been previously published or shortlisted for another prize. Also, entries published or shortlisted during the judging or publishing process will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must be made within the stated deadline, 15 February. Any submission after the deadline will be disregarded.
3. The submission(s), excluding the title, must be between 1500 and 3000 words. Entries exceeding the word count requirements will be disqualified.
4. Submission would be via a form, all entrants must make their submission either in .pdf, .doc or .docx and in the following format:
• Double-spaced, Aparajita, Arabic Typesetting or Goudy Old Style font, 15-point size.
• The title of the story should appear at the top of the first page followed by the word count. No further information is required.
• Every page must be numbered and copyrighted.
5. The author’s name or detail must not be included anywhere on the document to be uploaded. The document must contain only the title, word count, and story. All entries are judged anonymously.
6. Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted. If you wish to submit an edited or revised version of a previously submitted entry, you may enter it as a new submission, after you must have sent us an email so that we are fully aware of any change(s).
9. Entrants agree as a condition of entry that the prize organisers may publicise the fact that a story has been entered, longlisted, or shortlisted for the prize.
10. By submitting an entry, the author agrees to its inclusion in an anthology should it be selected by the judges, and to work with editors to get the story ready for publication on our website.
11. By submitting an entry, the author attests that it is their original work and grants exclusive digital rights to UK’s Archive Of Figments should the entry be longlisted or selected for publication in the anthology. The copyright remains with the author.
12. The decisions of the judges in relation to the winning entries are final and not subject to appeal.
13. Longlisted and shortlisted writers will be expected to submit information necessary for publicising the prize on social media.
14. The winner will be expected to take part in publicity activities including social media where possible.
15. The author is who we will contact with any questions, updates etc. If you write under a pen name also, please indicate, as well, with your real name.
16. UKAF is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes. We reserve the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet all named criteria.
Winner Notification date, 1 March, refers to the date that all winners will be notified by.
Non-Winner Notification: Entrants not selected as winners will be notified individually via email on the same day as the winner notification date.